We have a vacancy for a sales person 3 days a week - Weds, Thurs and Sundays
(plus up to 10 other days per year to cover for staff leave)
We are looking for someone with a real enthusiasm for customer service. You will be responsible for the smooth operation of sales on one floor of the Centre, helping customers, processing sales and wrapping purchases. You will also be required to cash up accurately at the end of the day, to ensure the Centre is kept safe, clean and tidy and to work co-operatively with other members of the staff team.
This job offers chance to work in an interesting and lively retail centre with a real commitment to friendly and helpful customer service. We pay £7.50 an hour (over 25), and you will have 17 days paid holiday per year.
How to apply:
Please send us a copy of your CV and a short covering letter saying why you are interested in the job. You can drop your application in to the Antiques Centre, or email it to us: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 28 April 2017 at 5pm
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate they have the following skills and experience:
1. Able to deal with customers in a friendly, helpful and polite manner at all times
2. Competent with basic maths (eg adding up, use of calculator, basic understanding of percentages)
3. Able to remain calm under pressure.
4. A well-organised approach to work.
5. Able to work on their own initiative, within a wider team.
6. A flexible approach to work and a willingness to “muck in” and be part of a team.
7. Previous experience of retail work is an advantage, but not essential.
8. A general interest or knowledge of antiques is an advantage, but not essential.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Centre's day-to-day sales operations, including customer service, sales administration and security. Although each Sales Person has responsibility for one of the Centre's sales floors during their daily shift, they are expected to work as a member of a wider team within the Centre and to co-operate fully with colleagues. Our Salespeople are important representatives of the business and are expected to observe high standards of service at all times.
1. Customer Services
- To be responsible for one of the Centre's sales floors.
- To provide friendly and efficient customer service at all times
- To open cabinets, as requested by customers, keeping security in mind at all times
- To offer discounts only in line with the Centre's policy.
- To assist customers with purchases, including providing advice and help in locating items, wrapping purchases and processing sales, according to the Centre's standard procedures.
- To record customer enquiries for adding to the Centre's customer database and to feed into regular text alerts to dealers.
- To phone customers on the Centre's database if items of potential interest come in to the Centre and generally maintain an awareness of maximising sales by meeting customers' requirements.
- To check the Office Diary each day to see if there are actions to be followed up and to use the Diary for leaving messages for colleagues
- To check the till float at the beginning and end of each day
- To cash up following the Centre's standard procedure at the end of each day
- To ensure all copies of sales receipts are fully completed and legible, with dealers' tickets attached.
- To enter the previous days' sales on the Monthly spreadsheet at the beginning of the next day, ensuring that standard procedures are followed. To notify one of the owners if discrepancies occur that cannot be resolved.
- To file previous days' sales tickets in dealer order, taking care to be accurate.
- To maintain the Centre's till areas in a clean, tidy and organised state. At the end of each day to ensure that the till area is well-stocked and ready for use the next day. To leave a message for the Centre owners if stocks of any particular item are getting low and before they have run out.
- To ensure that all the Centre's policies (eg maintenance of the weapons log) are observed at all times.
- To maintain a friendly and helpful relationship with all dealers at the Centre.
- To answer dealers' enquiries about their sales or any other issues arising from the day to day management of their unit or cabinet.
- To telephone dealers for a decision where customers are requesting a discount that goes beyond the normal discount policy.
- To provide assistance with reasonable requests from dealers who are tidying their space/ re-stocking etc. No members of staff should undertake any activities, including lifting heavy items, that could be hazardous.
- To ensure issues from dealers are brought to the attention of the owners, where appropriate.
- To give out Dealer Information Packs if people request information about renting space at the Centre, taking care to take their name and contact details, to be passed on to the owners for follow-up
- To ensure that the building is secure, lights and heaters are switched off and the alarm set at the end of each day.
- To ensure cabinet locks are in place and secured, especially after the cabinet has been opened for any reason.
- To maintain an awareness of the CCTV system and closely monitor anyone whose behaviour causes concern or suspicion.
- To ensure that all cash, other than the till float, is passed to a Safe Key holder at the end of the day for storing in the safe.
- To ensure that the coffee station is kept stocked throughout the day.
- To ensure that the seating area is kept clean and free of used crockery, with tables and surfaces wiped clean as necessary
- To ensure crockery is washed in the dishwasher at the end of the day, and at other times if necessary
- To maintain the sales floor in a clean and tidy fashion. The floor should be checked daily for compliance with the Fire Safety requirement of keeping the red carpet areas free of dealers' items. Items should be placed back in dealers' units.
- Each sales floor should be hoovered at least once a week and more often, if needed.
- In quieter times, Salespeople are expected to undertake light cleaning such as dusting, cleaning the glass on outside of display cabinets, and tidying units.
- Broken lights and other maintenance issues should be noted in the Office Diary for action.
- Undertake any other reasonable business related tasks, within the broad remit of this post, as requested.
- We are a small company, so all staff are expected to work flexibly, make tea/coffee for each other and help each other, when needed.